Your email accounts have been transitioned from MS Exchange to Google gmail. You can access your new gmail account by clicking here.
If this is your first time logging in to your new account, please contact the office for your password.
Changing your Google Apps password
Follow these instructions to change your password in Google Apps.
- Log in to Google Apps using your current password.
- In the upper right corner, click on your user name.
- Click on “account.”
- On the left side navigation menu, click “security.”
- Click “Change password.”
- Enter your current password, then enter your new password twice.
- Click “save.”
That’s it! Your new password is in effect. Do not forget to change the passwords on your mobile devices.
Mobile access to email
Follow these instructions to sync your Google contacts, calendar, and email to your mobile device:
Using Google Apps on an Android is really easy. Just add your Google Apps account to the phone, then select the services you want to use. Each user should follow these instructions on their own phone.
- Open the Accounts & Sync Settings screen on your phone. You can do this in Contacts by pressing Menu and touching Accounts, or directly in the Settings application.
- The Accounts & Sync Settings screen displays your current sync settings and a list of your current accounts.
- Touch Add account.
- Touch Google to add your Google Apps account.
- Touch Sign in when prompted for your Google Account.
- Enter your full Google Apps email address as your username, and then enter your password.
- Select which services you’d like to sync between your phone and Google Apps.
That’s it! You can now use Google Apps from your Android.
Google Apps works great on iPhones and other iOS products, where you can access your email, contacts, and calendar using the device’s built-in apps. This is easy to set up, using Google Sync.
Want quick access to your apps? Skip all this and access your apps in a moblie browser by visiting http://email.richfieldpsa.org on mobile Safari.
To sync Google Apps, have each user follow these instructions on their devices.
- Open the Settings application on the iPhone’s home screen.
- Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account….
- Select Microsoft Exchange.
- In the Email field, enter your full Gmail address.
- Leave the Domain field blank.
- Enter your full Google Apps email address as the Username.
- Enter your Google Apps password as the Password.
- Tap Next at the top of your screen. (Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.)
- When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
- Press Next at the top of your screen again.
- Select the Google Apps services (Mail, Calendar, and Contacts) you want to sync.
- Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.To sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during the Google Sync install when prompted. If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of the “All Contacts” group instead. If there are no contacts on your phone, the latter will happen — the contents of your All Contacts group will be synced.
That’s it! You can now access Google Apps from your iPhone. If you have Push enabled on the phone, synchronization starts automatically. You can also just open the Mail, Calendar or Contacts app and wait a few seconds to start a sync.