The Leader in Me
Beginning in the 2013-14 school year, Richfield ELC and Richfield PSA became a Stephen Covey The Leader in Me school, incorporating Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits for Highly Effective People. The ultimate goal of the school is to become a Lighthouse School, which means RELC and RPSA have fulfilled the criteria established by the Franklin Covey Education group. Students and staff learn to use a common language and build an understanding of how to work effectively, independently and interdependently, in all aspects of life, not just at school.
The 7 Habits
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People are:
- Habit 1: Be Proactive (You’re in Charge)
- Habit 2: Begin With the End in Mind (Have a Plan)
- Habit 3: Put First Things First (Work First, Then Play)
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win (Everyone Can Win)
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood(Listen Before You Talk)
- Habit 6: Synergize (Together Is Better)
- Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw (Balance Feels Best)
Click on the links below to learn more about the 7 Habits and how they can be used at home to build a culture of effectiveness.